Tuesday 2 February 2010

What A Get Up!

Monday Night is "Quiz Night" at our local pub. The pub is a five minute walk away which is a really nice feature of where we live. During the afternoon it rained and just about the time we were due at the pub the temperate dipped below freezing. Husband and the other member of "The Street Walkers" team actually did walk but I chickened out due the slippery conditions and pressed my trusty bike into operation. I have the extra light on my head to charge up my brain whilst weaving my merry way to the pub! The extra brain boost, alas, did not do the trick and our team came fourth out of seven - but who cares - we really enjoy ourselves - thanks to the Quizmaster! Better luck next time!

10 comments:

Twiglet said...

Love the get up - if only that little bulb would work - we would all want one!! I could do with a daily recharge on my batteries!!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Very fetching Lindsay. Glad you had a good time. Good idea about recharging the brain battery. That's what I could have done with re sorting my blog problem. Thanks for your suggestion, I went into Help section re images and all is now well.

Mickle in NZ said...

At least you got out to show the world your beautiful high cheek bones - wow Lindsay! The wee bulb lights the way so the rest of your lovely face can follow onto the pub and beyond.

Huggles from Michelle and wee (grumbles, mutters, moans style snoring) from Zebbycat ... the dear kittycat lad means well innhis rotundity, lol.......

AGuidingLife said...

did the walkers try to hitch a ride home?!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Brilliant lamp !
Never mind about coming 4th . They just didn't ask the right questions .

MarmiteToasty said...

:) you look like an Artic Explorer lol

x

Callie Brady said...

How cute! Sounds like you all had a wonderful time.

Boyfromoz said...

Moronic, I say!

Suburbia said...

Perhaps you need to wear the light in the pub next time!! :)

Hadriana's Treasures said...

I miss pub quiz nights and yes (boringly) the last one I did was on Hadrian's Wall!