Tuesday 30 June 2009

Things That Go Clank In the Night

In this hot weather we have been having I have my bedroom window open wide at night. The thing is, the friendly farmer has plonked this aluminium calf feeder in the field just outside. The calves find their way inside to eat their supplement but of course the mother cows cannot which is the object of the exercise. The cows feel they are being short changed and bash and bang away trying to find a way in. At night the clang clang of the feeder keeps me awake! I wish the powers that be had designed this contraption to at least make the sound of Trinidadian kettle drums - the cows would be dancing and swaying to the music and so would I!

8 comments:

Carol said...

Gosh, sounds like your kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place...either boil or be kept awake!!

I love the idea of the cows swaying along to kettle drums :-)

Hope your feeling a bit better

C x

Linda said...

Take your "kettle drum" and bash it with a wooden spoon outside the farmer window one night........or two:)

Maggie May said...

Oh dear, I hadn't thought about these country sounds.
We get car doors slamming, police helicopters and occasional high *spirited* students racing about. Not always on the same night.
I need the fresh air though, if you can call it fresh.

Hope you are OK now.......?

Liz Hinds said...

Are you better now? I hope so because noisy cows won't help!

mountainear said...

I guess the cows will get the message eventually - probably by mid-wintr when you have closed the windows again.

Mickle in NZ said...

Steel Drum playing cows! Now that's a happy thought, but not at 3 in the morning I guess. And they'd be bound to moo in a completely different key.

In the wee small hours I just get a large cat poking me in the face to see if his human is awake. If that doesn't work Zeb gives me a whack or two, lol.

Hope you're feeling much better and the National Health medics get you all tested and sorted out soon.

Take care, sending huggles from us, Mickle and Zebbycat, xxx and purrrumbles

cheshire wife said...

You have my sympathy. We have a noisy farm either side of us. So much for the peace and quiet of the countryside!

Suburbia said...

Oh no! poor cows feeling miffed and short changed!