Sunday 5 April 2009

In His Element!

Husband definitely misses the large garden and veg plot in our previous house - there was always something to keep him busy throughout the year. Our downsizing move has been a great success and we have landed up in a very friendly village living in a small house with a small garden including a small veg plot.

On the walk down to the village shop we pass a house with a smallish garden which is entirely
made up of a vegetable garden - I admire it, but Husband covets it. A few days ago Husband was invited to tend this vegetable plot by the elderly couple who own it (yes - there are people older than us it seems). Husband is actually quite shy - so just mumbled that he would be delighted. I know he is delighted because within a jiffy he had zoomed off to the local garden centre and bought three different varieties of potatoes (which are now busy chitting), onion sets, dwarf beans etc etc. I think the plot will be used to grow vegetables that take up a lot of space - so watch this space to see how things turn out!

7 comments:

Mickle in NZ said...

Hope Husband has a wonderful time working on his veggie garden.

My dear Dad's was a great success over our just finished Summer. We had the joy of gazing through the upwards growing tomatoes through their dining room windows on Xmas day.

You'll get to watch all the vegetables grow, and then you get to eat them too. Enjoy!

Care and huggles, Mickle and Zebbycat

Linda said...

I wish you lived closer, I could use a man like that:)

Scriptor Senex said...

How fortunate for both your husband and the couple. I'm sure he'll get a great deal of pleasure out of it.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

I used to love gardening but being fairly arthritic now I find it tiring and tiresome, though I still do some. It's good to know your husband can continue to enjoy growing vegetables, long may it last. A x

Liz Hinds said...

How perfect! What a lovely story. WE'll look forward to seeing what grows.

Twiglet said...

We will have a show and tell later on in the year then Lindsay!! I love the fresh air and exercise and I certainly need it as I have put on a few pounds since moving down here. Enjoy your golf course walks!

Gill - That British Woman said...

that's so good of your neighbours to invite your dh to help out. You will be enjoying the fruits of his labour soon enough.

Gill in Canada