Thursday 2 April 2009

Hairy

We saw an unusual sight today, Husband and I. We visited the "AV8" cafe at Kemble Airfield for a cup of tea, a chocolate croissant (naughty) and a sit in the sun watching the light aircraft buzzing and the helicopters whirring. I noticed six pairs of waggly ears pop up in the grass strip between two runways - they were the original Mad March Hares! (Yes, I know it is April). They boxed and kicked the light fantastic - never mind the aircraft traffic. Then - it seemed on command - they all lay down - just the waggly ears!

6 comments:

Marian Dean said...

I wonder if the pilots realised they had been up-staged by a bunch of hares!!!
What a fun sight that must have been.
Love Granny

Maggie May said...

How lovely to see the boxing hairs.
At first, I thought you were going to say that there was hair in the croissants!

Maggie May said...

I meant hares..... concentrating on the wrong ones now!

Suburbia said...

How lovely to see hares. I have only seen one once (at Westonbirt) and he was wonderful. You are very lucky!

PS. My feet are only a 7 but when I was younger (they were that size when I was 13)that seemed very big!

Ladybird World Mother said...

Oh, how lovely! I love hares... and to see them boxing... brilliant!

Lane Mathias said...

What a fantastic sight. And sounds lile a great place to enjoy a cuppa and croissant:-)