Monday 17 November 2008

Cannot See The Wood For The Trees

I have chosen this photo because I think it is nice and calming. I am not nice and calm. Over the weekend I found my identity had been stolen - really kind of someone don't you think? This involved lots of phone calls - the problem being nobody really believes you are who you are! So for anyone else who gets caught like this, trying to sort out the problem by phone, I can tell you, is really hard.

However, with Husband for moral support, I visited the bank and I must say they were very very efficient especially as this kind of fraud involves more than just your bank. It also involves the police and they are now hot on the scent.

At the moment I feel like the Queen because I travel without any money! All should get sorted out soon but my attititudes have changed. I shall now carry cash (probably get mugged instead) with which to pay for petrol (one widely known supermarket is apparently not very secure using a card), also a well known cheap clothing website is not very secure either. All this is very inconvenient for me being less mobile than some. But hey-ho I live to fight another day!

7 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

What a horrible thing to happen:-( Glad the bank was efficient and hope you get it all sorted out asap.

Unnerving to know that a major supermarket is not as safe as we think!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Well you didn't need that Lindsay - a dreadful thing to happen. How did you find out?

It makes me so angry to think that these criminals are finding new ways all the time to take our hard-earned money, and now our identities. And as Lane says - unnerving that using a major supermarket is unsafe.

Hope you get it all sorted soon.

A x

DayPhoto said...

OH! MY! GOODNESS! How did you find out! I hope they catch the bugger soon and throw the book at them!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Hadriana's Treasures said...

Oh sorry to hear that Lindsay! It must be a real bind so I am glad the bank and police are sorting it out. I once shared a house with a maths genius and even back in 1987 he was saying that cards are not secure.

It's hard to stick to cash though...especially "online". Hope it all gets sorted very quickly for you.

Ladybird World Mother said...

Poor you. Its bound to happen, when you think about it, but such a shock when it does. Hope you feel better soon.

The Accidental Author said...

Poor you, Lindsay.That's really horrible. I wish someone would steal my identity, they'd get such a nasty shock they'd never do it again. VLiF

Lakeland Jo said...

How un-nerving. Hope it sorts itself out very soon. I have had credit card fraud before in the States on holiday-horrible