Wednesday 17 September 2008

Royal Clipper Clippings

This enormous cruise ship followed us into Corfu. Royal Clipper sailed away in the evening with her graceful sails lit up and music playing. I think all captains are proud of their ships. Our Captain gave 3 ear splitting horn blasts as if to say "We are the best" - all of us on deck had a good laugh. Suddenly the cruise ship responded with three blasts, Royal Clipper responded with two blasts, cruise ship one blast and then as if to have the last word Royal Clipper gave two cheeky pip pips. One of the cruise ship passengers shouted to Husband "What is it like?" Husband replied that it was very hard work for us continually hauling the sails!!!


This is a view taken in Corfu near the cricket ground - I think the restaurant was rather tastefully done picking up the green of the ground beyond.


This is our cabin. We had a Bulgarian stewardess called Diana looking after us - she was great. We appeared to be the only ones that came in after breakfast to find a towel sculpture on the bed. This one is of a crocodile. One night I decided to do a towel sculpture for Diana. I took two biscuits and a banana from teatime and made a smiley face on my pillow capped with my sunhat.



4 comments:

www.retiredandcrazy.com said...

What a great holiday. I am full of envy.

Lane Mathias said...

I have never, ever heard of towel sculptures! I bet she appreciated your smiley face reply:-)

blogthatmama said...

How brilliant Lindsay! Looks and sounds like you're having a great time... Blothatmamax

Maggie May said...

That must have been a really exciting cruise. I have never been on one so I am very interested to learn all about it!