Tuesday 26 August 2008

Greedy for Rain


This is my wireless self-tipping rain gauge that sits in the back garden recording all the rain we have been having this August. During heavy rain the digital display in the sitting room ticks over really fast and Husband and I have bets as to how much it will record in one episode of rain. I have kept notes on the weather for the past 30 years and the most rain received in a day was 78mm.
It is a good thing I do not have a sunshine recorder (expensive) - it would be out of work!

5 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I just wanted to thank you for telling me what is wrong with my tomatoes........rain!!!!

Its been the wettest summer on record here in Southern Ontario, but unlike you guys we do get the heat and humidity with it.....mind you with the humidity comes the mosquitos as well..........

Another couple of months and we'll be complaing about the cold and the snow...........never happy over here!!!

Thanks for dropping by.

Gill

Linda said...

I need one of those but it wouldn't have had much of a workout this year.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Well you will certainly have had your monies worth from it this year Lindsay!

A x

Liz Hinds said...

We have an empty jam jar in the garden that is currently working as a rain measurer!

cheshire wife said...

I bought a cheap and cheerful rain gauge from Tesco but it has been in the garage for the last few weeks. You have reminded me to get it out but I do not think that we have had as much rain as you recently.