Saturday 21 June 2008

My Close Friend . . . . . . . .



moved away from the area several years ago to be near her family and grandchildren - we had such fun as near neighbours. Casual cups of coffee, walking the dogs and clothes shopping! Shopping together was like chalk and cheese - Close Friend is small - I am large, she likes pastel colours - I like bright, she has small feet - I have large! Close Friend is also adept at sewing, cooking and the dreaded housework - I have none of these skills! When we pick up the phone we can talk for hours!

3 comments:

Maggie May said...

You don't have to be the same to be friends!
Lovely photo!

Liz Hinds said...

You must miss her.

60GoingOn16 said...

My first comment failed miserably and disappeared off into cyberspace, so I'm going to have another go! But I was really chuffed to see that you are blogging and hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

I can definitely attest to the importance of having a good friend close at hand when you live in a rural area. Mine is called 'the only other blonde in the village'; can't think what I'd do without her.